CPCU-Lawrence "Larry" Frazier Memorial Scholarship
The CPCU-Lawrence “Larry” Frazier Memorial Scholarship was established in 1998 by the Nebraska Chapter Charter Property Casualty Underwriters (CPCU). Larry Frazier was a well-respected and admired man, and was well-known in Lincoln and throughout the insurance industry nationwide. He distinguished himself and the insurance field throughout his illustrious career and involvement in various community and industry organizations. This scholarship ensures that Larry’s memory as an excellent businessman and human being will live on forever.
To apply, you must be a current graduating senior or a former graduate of a high school in Nebraska; demonstrate academic success in high school studies and must possess the ability to do post-secondary work in a satisfactory manner; be pursuing full-time undergraduate studies at a two year or four year college or university in Nebraska. It is preferred that applicant intends to pursue a career in the field of aviation, insurance, or law. It is further preferred that applicant have experience in debate and participated in Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts during his/her youth. The applicant must demonstrate financial need, maintain a desire to succeed and must contribute financially to his/her own education.
REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION:
1. High school or college transcript(s) (copies of transcripts are acceptable). High school seniors must submit their high school transcript; high school graduates need only submit their college transcripts.
2. Special Essay: Explain your 1) Interest in aviation, insurance or law, 2) The ways in which you will contribute financially to your education, and 3) Reflect briefly on your past experiences, if any, in Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts and/or debate. Your essay should be no more than 500 words.
3. First page of your FAFSA Report.
- $800 (1 Award)
- Supplemental Questions
- Explain your Interest in Aviation, insurance or law, and the ways in which you will contribute financially to your education.
- Participation in Scouting or Debate?
- 1. Have you participated in Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, or debate?
- 2. Brief description of your experiences. (Type n/a if not applicable.)