Dr. Jo Brown Educational Scholarship
The Dr. Jo Brown Educational Scholarship was established in 2021 with the purpose of providing educational opportunities for women over twenty-five with financial need to enable them to become self-supporting and independent, as well as to provide them with a vision of opportunities to create a better life for themselves, their families, and those around them.
To apply, you must be a female former graduate of any high school in the United States or have attained a high school equivalency diploma (GED). Preference will be given to current residents of Lancaster County, Nebraska, although women in broader Nebraska may apply. The applicant must be a woman over the age of 25, planning to attend a qualified, accredited 2-year community college or trade school or 4-year college or university. Applicant must show an interest in becoming self-supporting and independent. Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION:
1. High school or college transcript(s) (copies of transcripts are acceptable). High school graduates who have not attended a post-secondary institution must submit their high school transcript; applicants who have attended a post-secondary institution need only submit their college transcripts.
2. Essay: Tell us about your current situation (financial, family, etc.) and describe the actions you are taking to become self-sufficient and independent. How will becoming a self-sufficient and independent person improve your life? Your essay should be no more than 500 words.
3. Financial Information that shows Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number, which is on the first page of the applicant’s Student Aid Report (SAR).
- $2,000 (1 Award)
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you twenty-five (25) years of age or older?
- Describe your current situation (financial, family, etc.) and the actions you are taking to become self-sufficient and independent. How will self-sufficiency and independence improve your life?