George L. Watters Memorial Scholarship
The George L. Watters Memorial Scholarship was established in 1988. George Watters was an outstanding and well-respected representative of the petroleum marketing industry. Following his death several years ago, the Nebraska Petroleum Marketers Association established this scholarship to properly recall George’s leadership and integrity in the field. The Nebraska Petroleum Marketers, a member of the Energy Marketers of America, seeks to unify petroleum marketers throughout the state to effectively further the common interests of the petroleum marketing industry.
To be eligible to apply you must be a current graduating high school senior from any high school in Nebraska who is a dependent of a current member, member’s employee, or employee of the Nebraska Petroleum Marketers Association. You must be in the upper one-third of the graduating class and must demonstrate leadership qualities and have expressed a desire and intent to continue education leading to a degree at a college or university in Nebraska. Financial need will only be utilized as a tie-breaker in the selection process.
Application required attachments:
1. High school transcript(s) (copies of transcripts are acceptable).
2. First page of your FAFSA report which shows Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number.
3. Three (3) references’ e-mail addresses. References will be notified to fill out an online form. References from family members are not acceptable.
- $1,000 minimum (Multiple Awards)
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you related to a current member, member's employee, or employee of Nebraska Petroleum Marketers Association (NPCA)?
- Name(s) of relative(s) who is a member or employee of NPCA.
- Explain how you are related to the member or employee of NPCA.
- Parent Employer Information (Up to two parents' employer's information can be added by clicking "Add Another Answer."
- 1. Parent Name
- 2. Parent Employer
- 3. Parent Employer Address (city, state, zip)
- 4. Parent Employer Phone Number
- 5. How long has parent been employed here?
- Please submit three (3) reference e-mail addresses. References will be notified automatically by the system to fill out an online form when the application is submitted. Note: References have only until the March 15 deadline to submit, so applicants needing references must apply well ahead of the deadline to allow references adequate time to submit! References may be teachers, counselors, case workers, clergy, employers, neighbors, etc. (references from family members are not acceptable).
- Reference 1
- Reference 2
- Reference 3