Miriam Croft Moeller Citizenship Award
The *Miriam Croft Moeller Citizenship Award *was established in 1997. Miriam Croft Moeller was an ardent believer in supporting one’s community through good works, volunteerism and financial support. She also believed in the power of young people and how important education is to the future of our community and nation. Wishing to help students fulfill their educational goals, Miriam established this scholarship to benefit students from Lincoln high schools who demonstrate a keen interest in citizenship, community betterment and leadership.
To apply, you must be a current graduating senior of a public or private high school in Lincoln, Nebraska and uphold a keen interest in citizenship and actively participate and demonstrate enthusiasm for community betterment and leadership. The applicant must be pursuing full-time undergraduate studies at an accredited, qualified two-year or four-year college or university. The applicant need not excel academically or maintain specific grade point average, however must meet minimum standards for college admission.
REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION:
1. High school transcript(s) (copies of transcripts are acceptable).
2. Two (2) references’ e-mail addresses. References will be notified to fill out an online form. References must be teachers, counselors, case workers, clergy, employers, neighbors, etc. (references from family members are not acceptable).
3. Special Essay: Explain your interest in citizenship and your participation in community betterment and leadership. Your essay should be no more than 500 words.
- $2,000 (1 Award)
- Supplemental Questions
- Explain your interest in citizenship and your participation in community betterment and leadership.
- 1. Please submit two (2) reference e-mail addresses. References will be notified automatically by the system to fill out an online form when the application is submitted. Note: References have only until the March 15 deadline to submit, so applicants needing references must apply well ahead of the deadline to allow references adequate time to submit! References may be teachers, counselors, case workers, clergy, employers, neighbors, etc. (references from family members are not acceptable). )
- Reference 1
- Reference 2