Louis C. & Amy E. Nuernberger Memorial Scholarship
The Louis C. and Amy E. Nuernberger Memorial Scholarship Foundation was established in 1994 to recall and honor the lives of Louis and Amy Nuernberger. The Nuernbergers were actively involved in numerous commercial and community organizations in Wakefield, Nebraska, and together, they raised four children. Louis dedicated his life to business and politics while Amy dedicated hers to their family. The Nuernberger family established this scholarship to assist worthy students in successfully reaching their potential.
To apply, you must be a current high school graduating senior or former graduate of Wakefield High School. Preference will be given to current Wakefield HS seniors. Applicants must have demonstrated potential for achievement of their educational goals. Preference will be given to applicants who have worked at the Wakefield Health Care Center. Applicants are encouraged to have had employment or volunteer experience at the Wakefield Health Care Center. Primary consideration will be given to those candidates having realistic goals and displaying talent and potential in their field of choice. The applicant’s seriousness of purpose, reliability, initiative, ability to work both independently and with people, and competence in expressing himself or herself both orally and in writing, should be considered in the selection process.
This scholarship will be split over two academic years. The second year of funding will be distributed upon receipt of the student’s transcript and verification of high achievement in college/university studies.
REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION:
1. High school or college transcript(s) (copies of transcripts are acceptable). High school seniors must submit their high school transcript; high school graduates need only submit their college transcripts.
2. Essay: What are your educational goals and reasons for furthering your education? Please include the name of the school you will be attending. Your essay should be no more than 500 words.
- $8,000 (1 Award, divided between two (2) years)
- Supplemental Questions
- What are your educational goals and reasons for furthering your education? Please include the name of the school you will be attending.
- Have you worked or volunteered at the Wakefield Health Care Center?